What are engagement and marketing automation SaaS solutions designed for?
According to the 2021 Nonprofit Technology Trends Report, input from more than 500 nonprofit leaders helped paint a picture of changing technology use—and frustrations. Around 35% said their biggest internal frustration was a lack of process automation and organization efficiency, only slightly more than the percentage citing inefficiencies and delays due to multiple, disparate systems. Just more than 30% groused about manual (and therefore time-consuming) reporting, while slightly fewer than 30% bemoaned a lack of real-time visibility into key metrics and performance indicators. More than a quarter said they didn’t have any way to measure outcome metrics.
Some say that people are doing automation without naming it. It is so typical to simplify everyday tasks to free time to make another important job.
The use of marketing automation makes processes that otherwise would have been performed manually much more efficient and makes new processes possible.
Engagement and marketing automation SaaS helps you deliver customized messages via email, social media, direct mail, and SMS and push to a larger audience to attract, turn, and retain more clients with fewer resources more efficiently. You need only find the best tool for your business. Basically, this platform should allow you to create holistic lifecycle journeys that connect multiple touchpoints and channels. Among these instruments can be such options as social media, including ads; Google Ads; SMS; email; and more. After all, automation will earn you more leads that could be closed as deals. Moreover, after starting engagement and marketing activities, your SaaS platform could provide you with insightful analytics. Such info grants you a better understanding of how your business performs marketing processes.
We can group solutions into such categories as the following:
- Fundraising (grantmaking, donations, nonprofits)
- Payments (payment processing, payment systems integrations)
- Cloud Solutions (cloud computing for nonprofits)
- ML & Analytics (ML features engineering & delivery)
- Marketing Automation (social network integration, bulk email sending, bulk text messages sending (SMS), CRM systems)
Why do you need engagement and marketing automation SaaS solutions?
Some may think that marketing is like an extension of the business. Some may say business can exist without marketing. But marketing is an essential part of your business. Even if you think you don’t have marketing, you do some marketing activities.
Instruments that are offered by engagement and marketing automation SaaS solutions cover many business needs. You can find business contacts, create CRM, establish business communication, build marketing campaigns, and document the work process. These instruments also can help you send postcards or acquire information. Often the engagement and marketing platform can be connected to the pay system. So if you are working on something important, you can use such a system to tell the world about your mission and activities and receive donations. Or you can scale your business and grow your revenue. Marketing activities must be regular. It is certainly difficult to do all these daily activities manually because you have many important things to do. That is why automation is the solution for every field, including engagement and marketing.
A quick checklist of available options:
- Finding new business contacts and creating a contact base
- Establishing communication
- Building and running marketing campaigns
- Creating landing pages for regular or specific business needs
- Receiving payments and donations
- Management of communication and cooperation with state institutions
- Visualization of what you offer and what you receive
Technical challenges of creating engagement and marketing automation platforms and how to overcome them
- Extreme/peak high loads on application
- Disaster recovery
- Regular database analysis
- Data and schema updates review process
- The regular queries optimization process
Each marketing and engagement system should be ready for high system load. Key points to handle are the following:
- Use static code analysis to identify bottlenecks.
- Prepare in advance, design, write, and include load tests as part of your QA process.
- Create a proper sandbox environment in which load tests can be run; use fixtures to emulate the expected amount of big data.
- Connect monitoring tools to see your application and infrastructure metrics.
- Check your infrastructure close to a production sandbox environment, run tests, identify bottlenecks using monitoring and tracing tools, and improve infrastructure.
- Choose a proper risk management framework. During risk management integration, identify the most critical risks and prepare disaster recovery plans. It should help you recover a platform not in hours but in minutes if some issue arises.
- Don’t forget about the regular database and other data storage monitoring, including continuously improving processes for data storage. This can help you keep your storage in good shape and avoid data retrieval challenges during high loads.
- Perform a data and schema updates review process. Include in the project a DB migration framework (e.g., Liquibase). Define rules for creating DDL, DML, and other migrations. Set up the review process for migrations that could help to prevent problematic and improper code from appearing in your data storages and causing issues during high load.
- Don’t forget about the regular queries optimization process. Connect queries analytic tools to assess weak spots in already-running queries. For example, you might identify some queries generated by ORM that are working in an inappropriate way and could potentially be a bottleneck. Include regular analysis queries in your development process, and you will be more prepared when peak loads happen.
Our expertise. How can we help you?
When it comes to choosing a partner who can develop an engagement and marketing automation SaaS solution from scratch or improve an existing one, look for three things:
- Strong experience in similar projects
- Holistic expertise in the Fintech domain
- Additional value that differentiates the company from others
We can offer all these advantages.